The Girls Talent Hubs will return in 2023 with extended opportunities for both staff and players. Players from across Yorkshire and the North West will engage in six training sessions at three separate venues (Central Yorkshire, West Yorkshire & North West), with two playing opportunities available on either side of the Pennines. The hubs are the first step on the female performance pathway and play a vital role in not only developing players, but also staff. Running alongside this pathway will be the futures hubs run by the RFL development team, these will take place at various other locations round the country.
Conor Meese, National DiSE Manager at the Rugby Football League, said: “After some fantastic feedback on our 2022 programme, we hope the increased opportunities will further enhance the experience for everybody involved. There was an outstanding standard on show last year and we expect that to rise again in 2023, due to the continuous good work taking place in the community game. We already have some remarkable staff allocated to the 2023 programme and we are looking to add to that further.”
As a result, the Rugby Football League are currently recruiting assistant coaches in Central Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, and the North West.
As an assistant coach your duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Work closely with the Hub Lead & Hub Head Coach to plan all training sessions.
- Deliver and support on the talent hub sessions.
- Undertake match day activities required to carry out your role satisfactorily as directed by the Hub Head Coach.
- Develop and maintain a successful image and profile for Girls Hubs programme, RFL & England Rugby League in the UK and worldwide.
To be eligible for the role of assistant coach, you will need to have the following:
- Current and valid Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Rugby League
- Experience of coaching ages 14+ in the Women’s and Girls game
- Current and Valid DBS
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
To apply for the role of assistant coach, please click here and complete the short Microsoft form. Applications will close on Sunday 5 February, and we will aim to inform applicants by Friday 10 February.
The Girls Hubs programme will run on the dates below, with the exact venues to be confirmed in each region:
If you are a club in the women’s & girls game and your team would like some extra support, please contact Conor.Meese@rfl.co.uk to arrange a club visit.