Parents and Carers
As a parent this is what your child can expect from Rugby League:
- A safe, friendly and enjoyable environment for all children and young people
- Fun and a sense of achievement
- Encouragement of a healthy lifestyle
- Skills such as leadership, confidence and self-esteem
What can parents expect from the club?
- All coaches should be qualified and have a current DBS through the RFL
- There should be a Club Welfare Officer
- Clubs should monitor their coaches to make sure their behaviour is good at all times
- There should be a first aider at all games
- Coaches must abide by the concussion protocols and take any player who has a bang to the head off permanently
What can the club expect from parents?
- Respect the match officials’ decisions at all times – remember the match officials are often children themselves
- Never ridicule or scorn a player for making mistakes
- Positive cheering that encourages players in both teams
- Never get involved in taunting or intimidating the opposite team, spectators or match officials
As a parent you will be expected to adhere to the parent / carers / spectators code of conduct which can be found HERE.