St Helens halfback Zoe Harris has been added to the England Women Performance Squad ahead of a two-day training camp over the Easter weekend.
Harris – who played a pivotal part in St Helens treble-winning campaign in 2021 – has featured in all four of the club’s Betfred Challenge Cup outings this season winning all four and helping them rack up an impressive 234 points.
England Women Head Coach, Craig Richards said: “It’s great to be able to bolster our squad further with the addition of Zoe.
“She has been a standout performer for St Helens in their current run to the Semi-Finals of the Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup and she will offer even more competition for places in our halves.
“I am really happy with all the new inclusions we’ve made to our squad in recent months and feel we are building a really strong group of players with the Rugby League World Cup at the end of this year.”
The squad will meet at Weetwood, Leeds on Good Friday for a two-day training camp which will include field and gym sessions on both Friday and Saturday. The sessions will also be the first for 2019 Woman of Steel Courtney Winfield-Hill and Bedford Tiger Caroline Collie following their inclusions last month.
Many of the England Women Performance Squad will compete in the Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup Semi-Finals a week later at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.
Richards added: “This weekend’s session is another key step in our preparations for the mid-season international against France and, ultimately, the Rugby League World Cup.
“It will be great to get the group together for a lengthier period and focus on some key areas of development.
“This is part of a huge two-week period for a lot of our players with Leeds Rhinos, St Helens and York City Knights set to take part in the Betfred Challenge Cup Semi-Finals alongside a strong Featherstone Rovers side.”
England Women are set to face France in a mid-season double-header alongside the England Men’s clash with the Combined Nations All Stars on Saturday 18 June. Tickets are available here.
Their Rugby League World Cup campaign will begin against Brazil and Headingley Stadium on Tuesday 1 November. They will face Canada at Wigan’s DW Stadium on Saturday 5 November before a final group stage fixture back in Leeds against Papua New Guinea on Wednesday 9 November.
England Women Performance Squad:
- Dannielle Anderson (Leeds Rhinos)
- Savannah Andrade (York City Knights)
- Caitlin Beevers (Leeds Rhinos)
- Keara Bennett (Leeds Rhinos)
- Leah Burke (St Helens)
- Caroline Collie (Bedford Tigers)
- Chantelle Crowl (St Helens)
- Jodie Cunningham (St Helens)
- Hollie Dodd (York City Knights)
- Grace Field (York City Knights)
- Kelsey Gentles (York City Knights)
- Fran Goldthorp (Leeds Rhinos)
- Rebecca Greenfield (Wigan Warriors)
- Amy Hardcastle (St Helens)
- Zoe Harris (St Helens)
- Shona Hoyle (York City Knights)
- Tara Jones (St Helens)
- Emma Lumley (Leeds Rhinos)
- Vicky Molynuex (Wigan Warriors)
- Bethan Oates (Huddersfield Giants)
- Carrie Roberts (St Helens)
- George Roche (Leeds Rhinos)
- Emily Rudge (St Helens)
- Tara Stanley (York City Knights)
- Beth Stott (St Helens)
- Rachel Thompson (Wigan Warriors)
- Paige Travis (St Helens)
- Vicky Whitfield (St Helens)
- Naomi Williams (St Helens)
- Georgia Wilson (Wigan Warriors)
- Courtney Winfield-Hill (Leeds Rhinos)
- Olivia Wood (York City Knights)
- Rachael Woosey (St Helens)