Joel Tomkins has been banned for four matches following this evening’s (Tuesday 1 June) independent Operational Rules Tribunal.
The Catalans Dragons forward had been referred by the RFL’s Match Review Panel for punching in the 78th minute of Saturday’s Betfred Super League game with Wigan Warriors.
Tomkins entered a guilty plea, but challenged the Match Review Panel’s grading of the offence. The tribunal found the ‘D’ grade to be correct.
Castleford Tigers’ George Griffin will serve a one match ban after unsuccessfully challenging the Review Panel’s verdict of Grade B ‘dangerous contact’ with an opponent in the fourth minute of Castleford Tigers’ game with Leeds Rhinos.
Both players were also fined £500.
The following players have accepted penalty notices imposed by the Match Review Panel.
- Matt Ashurst, Wakefield Trinity (dangerous throw) – 2 matches
- Chris Barrett, North Wales Crusaders (dangerous contact) – 1
- Rangi Chase, West Wales Raiders (tripping) – 1
- Jamie Dallimore, Barrow Raiders (high tackle) – 1
- Dan Fleming, Bradford Bulls (high tackle) – 1
- James Gavert, Huddersfield Giants (raised knee in tackle) – 1
- Zak Hardaker, Wigan Warriors (head butting) – 2
- Paulos Latu, London Skolars (dangerous throw) – 1
- Tom Nisbett, Oldham (high tackle) – 2
- Ben Reynolds, Leigh Centurions (tripping) – 1
- Georgia Roche, Castleford Tigers (foul abuse) – 0