Leeds Rhinosâ€™ Rhyse Martin has lost his appeal against a one match penalty notice issued yesterday by the Match Review Panel â€“ and has had his suspension increased to two games.
Martin admitted making a careless high tackle during the Rhinos Betfred Super League match against Castleford Tigers last weekend, but challenged the grading. An independent tribunal upheld the review panelâ€™s Grade A verdict, found the challenge found to be frivolous and issued an additional Â£500 fine.
Sheffield Eaglesâ€™ Anthony Thackery lost his appeal against a four-match penalty for a Grade D striking offence.
Earlier today the following players accepted Match Review Panel penalties:
- Luke Gale (Hull FC) â€“ Grade A Disputes Decision â€“ 1 match
- Sam Hall (Castleford Tigers) â€“ Grade C Dangerous Contact â€“ 2 matches
- Suaia Matagi (Castleford Tigers) â€“ Grade B Dangerous Contact â€“ 2 matches
- Matty Storton (Hull KR) â€“ Grade A Dangerous Contact â€“ 0 matches
- Liam Whitton (Cornwall) â€“ Grade B Foul Abuse Towards Referee â€“ 1 match