14th January 2020, 09:08 | university
The Rugby Football League is currently accepting applications for the role of Volunteer Team Physio for the England Universities programme.
2020's programme involves the RFL's President's Cup competition, a series of friendlies and culminates in the Student Rugby League Four Nations tournament in Ireland. Looking ahead, England will take part in the Student Rugby League World Cup in 2021.
The successful candidates will need to be flexible over the coming summer months, the full details of the programme can be found HERE.
The position is a voluntary role, however expenses will be paid and kit provided.
The successful candidate/s will be responsible for the preparation and management of the University Rugby League National team. This will include pre and post exercise massage, taping and strapping of injuries, creating and delivering rehabilitation programmes and assessment of injuries.
The Physiotherapist will be responsible for the team during training sessions, camps and match day preparations and liaison with players' club medical staff.
To be considered for this role you should meet the below criteria:
* Completed an undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation or similar.
* Have experience in a Physiotherapy role within a rugby environment
* Be flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends when required
* Hold a current driving license and have access to a car
* Hold a current Emergency first aid qualification
* Qualified or experienced in taping and strapping of athletic injuries
* Qualified in pre and post sports massage
* Experience in creating and delivering one-to-one and group rehab programmes
* Hold a current RFL DBS or willing to complete one
* Pitch-side trauma qualification or experience
* Experience working with elite athletes
* Experience managing and preparing teams on tours.
To apply for any of the above role please send a CV and covering letter stating which position you are applying for and detailing why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com by Monday 27th January 2020.
Candidates may be invited for interview at a suitable time.