An exciting new partnership between the RFL and Play Fund Win is set to raise vital funds for community Rugby League clubs across the country.
Play Fund Win is a licensed digital raffle platform offering community clubs the opportunity to develop new income streams to help recoup some of the vital revenues lost through the pandemic.
With the help of Play Fund Win, the RFL will be hosting a digital raffle, The Community Rugby League Raffle, in the lead-up to the Betfred Challenge Cup Final on Saturday 17th July. The draw sees 70% of each entry fee donated to the Community Club or Foundation the raffle entrant selects. The draw itself will take place at full-time of the final, to allow the finalists’ charity foundations to benefit from ticket sales on the day.
As part of the Community Rugby League Raffle, entrants will be eligible for two prize draws. Firstly, a national raffle across the sport with the opportunity to win some fantastic prizes, including RLWC Final tickets and the chance to attend an England men’s, women’s or wheelchair training session as they prepare for this autumn’s World Cup on home soil. The second draw is ring-fenced only for those who selected each community club and features a jackpot which increases by £1 from every ticket sold. The split draw structure ensures that every club has a winner, as well as the club themselves benefitting from the majority of the entry fees.
When entering the draw, those purchasing their tickets will be asked to select the Community Club or Foundation they want to benefit from their entry and that club will receive 70% of that entry fee, which equates to £3.50 of the £5 entry fee. The remaining 30% builds up to form the prize pot and covers the operating cost of staging the draw. Entry is a simple process, visit playfundwin.com/RugbyLeague and select the club to benefit from the raffle entry fee.
Clubs can also stage their own Play Fund Win draws and continue to fundraise using the simple, licensed digital raffle platform. To find out more about staging your own draws as a regular income stream visit playfundwin.com/RugbyLeague.
On the launch of the partnership, Marc Lovering, the RFL’s Director of Participation and Development, stated, “After an immensely challenging year the new RFL partnership with Play Fund Win offers our community clubs an easy-to-use free fundraising platform to help generate additional funds. The combination of exciting once in a lifetime national prizes and a guaranteed winner at each club will I am sure be attractive to many of our community clubs and raise a considerable sum for them.”
Dan Schofield, CEO, Play Fund Win, added, “Having been involved in grassroots sports for most of my life, I understand the importance of funding to allow activities to take place. We have established the platform as a response to this need, which has become even more important following the lengthy periods of disruption due to Coronavirus. We are thrilled to be working with the RFL to offer our innovative new digital platform to Rugby League clubs across the country. Together, we hope to raise thousands for Community Rugby League”.
Ian Robinson, Chairman, Shevington Sharks, commented, “Play Fund Win is an ideal initiative for the RFL and the Community Game to come together and recoup revenues lost during the long lay-off. This licenced digital platform available for clubs to make use of can only benefit us after the difficult 15 months we have endured. As a club we will be engaging in the raffle and encouraging our players and parents to engage for the benefit of all.”