Disclosure & Barring
Disclosure and Barring Service
The RFL is committed to providing an environment that is safe, welcoming and friendly for children.
All Rugby League clubs (or organisations) working with children should have safe recruitment practices for individuals who work (or volunteer) regularly with children. This safe recruitment includes a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) disclosure for all carrying out Regulated Activity.
The RFL operates to the DBS Code of Practice and has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders.
Recruitment of ex offenders can be found HERE
There is an easy to use online guide and you can track the progress of your application.
- To begin the process you will need to enter the reference for your club (a list of which can be found above) along with the password rfl123
- Once you have submitted your application you will still need to visit an RFL approved verifier to have your identity checked, a list of verifiers can be found below
- Once your application has been verified it is automatically submitted to the RFL, it is then countersigned and sent to the DBS for processing
Once you have received your disclosure certificate this now only needs to be sent to The RFL if your certificate contains “information” as we will need to carry out a risk assessment.
We will be notified by the DBS of the disclosures we need to see.
- Roles which require a DBS can be found HERE
- Full list of verifiers can be found HERE
- DBS applicant Guide can be found HERE
- Club and organisation References can be found HERE
Individuals are now required to complete and submit their DBS applications online