England Women Head Coach Craig Richards has named a 24-player squad for this Saturday’s (18 June) National Lottery Mid-Season International against France in Warrington.
The squad is made up of the 20 players who travelled down for the 6-32 victory against Wales on Sunday as well as four additions, all from Leeds Rhinos – Caitlin Beevers, Keara Bennett, Courtney Winfield-Hill and Zoe Hornby.
Hornby, a strong-running forward who is based in Newcastle and was Player of the Match in the recent Betfred Women's Challenge Cup Final, was introduced to the England Women Performance Unit ahead of this year’s Mid-Season Internationals, and is now in line to make her international debut against France.
Bennett and Winfield-Hill are also hoping to earn their first England caps this weekend, having been ruled out of the Wales game through illness - while Beevers made her debut as a 17-year-old against France in Carcassonne in 2018.
Head Coach Richards said: “It’s great to have been able to bring in four additional players to the squad for this weekend’s game against France.
“I’m really pleased that Keara and Courtney have both recovered, have come back into the squad and are now in contention to debut on Saturday.
“Zoe has been a standout performer for Leeds in both the Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup and opening rounds of the Betfred Women’s Super League. I always say that if people are playing well they will be brought into the set-up and Zoe is proof of that.
“This weekend’s game is massive in terms of seeing where we are as a squad and building towards the Rugby League World Cup later this year.
“I’m hoping we see the England fans come out in force to get behind all three teams this weekend!”
England Women versus France is part of a double-header which also sees England Men taking on the Combined Nations All Stars (545pm).
England Women Squad v France:
- Dannielle Anderson (Leeds Rhinos) – Heritage No. 75
- Caitlin Beevers (Leeds Rhinos) – Heritage No. 73
- Keara Bennett (Leeds Rhinos)
- Leah Burke (St Helens) – Heritage No. 83
- Caroline Collie (Bedford Tigers) – Heritage No. 90
- Jodie Cunningham (St Helens) – Heritage No. 33
- Hollie Dodd (York City Knights) – Heritage No. 87
- Grace Field (York City Knights) – Heritage No. 78
- Fran Goldthorp (Leeds Rhinos) – Heritage No. 84
- Amy Hardcastle (St Helens) – Heritage No. 29
- Zoe Harris (St Helens) – Heritage No. 91
- Zoe Hornby (Leeds Rhinos)
- Shona Hoyle (St Helens) – Heritage No. 68
- Tara Jones (St Helens) – Heritage No. 50
- Bethan Oates (Huddersfield Giants)
- Georgia Roche (Leeds Rhinos) – Heritage No. 74
- Emily Rudge (St Helens) – Captain – Heritage No. 27
- Tara Stanley (York City Knights) – Heritage No. 43
- Beth Stott (St Helens) – Heritage No. 85
- Paige Travis (St Helens) – Heritage No. 86
- Vicky Whitfield (St Helens) – Heritage No. 77
- Georgia Wilson (Wigan Warriors) – Heritage No. 82
- Courtney Winfield-Hill (Leeds Rhinos)
- Olivia Wood (York City Knights) – Heritage No. 92