Castleford Tigers Women, four-time major finalists and 2019 League Leaders' Shield winners, are seeking to appoint a new Head Coach.
The Tigers Women's team was first established in 2016 and they proved to be early trailblazers in the Betfred Women's Super League.
They finished fourth in the table in 2021 and reached the Betfred Women's Challenge Cup semi-finals.
The deadline for applications to the position is Monday, October 25, and the vacancy listing on castlefordtigers.com reads in full below:
- Produce a programme for elite Women's Rugby League players.
- Be responsible for the selection of the Castleford Tigers Women Squad.
- Lead the coaching team and drive the development of both individuals and the team through outstanding coaching practice
- Work with Castleford Tigers Foundation to promote and grow multiple player pathways and create a larger playing pool of high-quality female players
- Lead on the culture and standards identified within the club’s cultural footprint
- Work in conjunction with the Strength and Conditioning coach with long-term athletic and physical performance in mind
- Liaise with the Castleford Tigers Foundation to ensure the programme is run in accordance with the needs of the competition and RFL Operational rules
To be successful, you will need to have:
- A minimum of UKCC Level 3 Coaching qualification (or working towards)
- Appropriate Head Coach or Assistant Coach experience with accompanying knowledge and specialist skills
- Credible, within a rugby league environment with players, coaches, and key stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing (and improving) high-performing athletes
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary performance team, including human performance, medical, nutrition, and performance analysis
- Excellent communication skills in all forms
- Good knowledge of the female game
- The appointment will be made subject to a suitable enhanced DBS check
How to Apply
- To apply, or request further information, email Castleford Tigers Community Director Simon Fox on: email@example.com.
- Provide a covering letter and appropriate Rugby League or coaching-related CV.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 25th October 2021.