27th February 2017, 12:03 | university
The Rugby Football League is currently accepting applications for the role of Volunteer Team Physio for the England Universities 2017 programme.
The programme culminates in the Festival of World Cups in Australia in July 2017.
The successful candidates will need to be flexible over the coming summer months, the full details of the programme can be found HERE.
These positions are voluntary roles however expenses will be paid and kit provided.
The successful candidate/s will be responsible for the preparation and management of the University Rugby League National teams. This will include pre and post exercise massage, taping and strapping of injuries, creating and delivering rehabilitation programmes and assessment of injuries.
The Physiotherapists will be responsible for the team during training sessions, camps and match day preparations.
To be considered for this role you should meet the below criteria:
* Completed or working towards and undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation or similar.
* Have experience in a Physiotherapy role within a rugby environment
* Be flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends when required
* Hold a current driver’s license and have access to a car
* Hold a current Emergency first aid qualification
* Qualified or experienced in taping and strapping of athletic injuries
* Qualified in pre and post sports massage
* Experience in creating and delivering one-to-one and group rehab programmes
* Hold a current RFL DBS or willing to complete one
* Pitch-side trauma qualification or experience
* Experience working with elite athletes
* Experience managing and preparing teams on tours.
To apply for any of the above role please send a CV and covering letter stating which position you are applying for and detailing why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com by Friday 10th March 2017.
Successful candidates may be invited for interview at a suitable time.