Newcastle Thunder are looking to appoint a motivated and passionate individual to enhance the development of junior Rugby League throughout the North East.
The individual will be responsible for growing the playing pool of junior Rugby League players and facilitating development opportunities to allow all junior Rugby League players to reach their potential - alongside the aims of the Rugby Football League's England Talent Pathway.
- Develop junior Rugby League players in line with Newcastle Thunder’s approach to The Rugby Football League’s England Talent Pathway (U12-16)
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing ETP accredited schools
- Engaging new schools/teachers/players in rugby league
- Delivering Teacher CPD to schools
- Signposting players from schools to Community Clubs as well as Newcastle Thunder’s OUTSTANDING Player Development Programmes (U12-16)
- Facilitating a viable post-Christmas Schools RL playing calendar
- Planning and co-ordinating Newcastle Thunder’s OUTSTANDING Player Development Programmes (U12, U14, U16) alongside the Head of Youth
- Developing community club coaches through a planned CPD programme
Skills and Qualities required:
- Experience of engaging and developing junior rugby league players
- Work independently and as part of team, developing a collaborative way of working
- Forward thinking and able to create positive impact
- Passionate about development of junior rugby league
- Understand equality and diversity
- Have excellent inter-personal skills
- Challenge, motivate, engage and sustain the interest of others.
- Be a competent user of IT
- Promote values of Newcastle Thunder and Newcastle Rugby Ltd
- Commitment to continual personal development
- Experience of coaching within a Super League/Professional Sporting Academy
- Qualifications required:
- UKCC Level 2 in Coaching Rugby League or other sport
- Enhanced DBS
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- First Aid in Sport
- Clean UK Driving Licence (access to own transportation)
This is a full time permanent contract.
The successful candidate will be required to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as well as Newcastle Thunder match days.
Please send a CV and covering letter via email email@example.com stating why you are a suitable candidate for the role.
The closing date for applications is Friday, June 30, 2017 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held either w/c 3th July 2017 or 10th July 2017.