It’s just a few days until the Betfred Super League’s biggest party heads to Newcastle United’s St James’ Park for the Dacia Magic Weekend. We’ve pulled together a guide to help you make the most of the weekend.
Who’s Playing When?
Saturday May 20
14.30 – Widnes Vikings v Wakefield Trinity
16.45 – Hull FC v St Helens
19.00 – Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves
Sunday May 21
13.00 – Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants
15.15 – Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils
17.30 – Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos
Ticket Office and Ticket Queries
The Matchday Box Office is located in the Milburn Stand will be open on both days:
Saturday 11:00 19:00
Sunday 10:00 - 18:00
You will be able to pick up pre-purchased tickets that haven’t been posted out and for other general ticket enquiries.
Turnstiles will be open approximately ninety minutes before the kick-off of the first game on each day.
For more information about ticketing and seating inside the stadium, CLICK HERE.
The ever-popular Fanzone will once again be open to the South of the Stadium, opposite the Sandman hotel.
The Fan Zone opening times are: Saturday 12pm – 6:30pm, Sunday 11am – 5pm
There will be loads of fun activities to get involved in, to get you ready for the red-hot Super League action:
- Kingstone Press – Distributing TRY cards, England team photo board and Face in the Crowd Photo Board. There will also be an opportunity to win a VIP ticket package to the 2017 Betfred Super League Grand Final
- Dacia – Fun inflatable activity, Dacia cars will be on display, distributing Foam Fingers
- Bedz R Us – Score a try photo opportunity
- BLK UK – Rodeo Rugby Ball and retail unit with official merchandise on sale
- Northern – Test your skills on the Batak Machine and try and beat the players and distributing Northern rugby balls
- Batchelors – Rugby passing game and High Striker game
- Newcastle Thunder – Merchandise and tickets on sale
- Play Touch Rugby League – rugby balls on sale
Our charity partners will also be in the Fan Zone:
- Rugby League Cares
- Precky Fest
There will be plenty of entertainment on the Fan Zone stage too, which will be hosted by Rugby AM’s Alex Simmons:
- Visits from Rugby League legends and Super League players
- RL Rockettes will be performing
- Have your picture with the Super League trophy
Half time entertainment
As always, there will be loads of entertainment inside the stadium! In between watching some of the greatest Rugby League action on the planet, there will be plenty of fun for all the fans:
- Before the first and second game each day, get your bouncing shoes on as we'll select a few fans for the on-field space-hopper derby
- Ahead of the last game on Saturday and Sunday, there will be a chance to win hospitality experience tickets for the 2017 Betfred Super League Grand Final
- Children from teh SkyTry programme will get the chance to play on the St James Park turf at half-time in each match
- And at half-time in both the final games, Bedz R Us will be running a pillow fight
- Warrington band Conquer Rio will be playing some of the best covers, as well as the winner tracks from our 'Battle of the Antems' twitter competition
How to get there
St James’ Park is easily accessible on foot from Newcastle city centre, just a 10-minute walk from the Central Station. The postcode for the stadium is NE1 4ST.
St James’ Park also has its own station in the Tyne & Wear metro network and is just a two minute from the stadium.
For more detailed information on travelling to the stadium by foot, car, metro, train and bus, see Newcastle United’s guide to accessing the stadium.
Offers for Magic Weekend ticket holders
Our Partners NE1 are have a range on offers on for Magic Weekend ticket holders.
Just present your ticket to take advantage of some great offers in restaurants and bars in the The Gate and surrounding area, plus some shops within the city centre.
To see where you can gain these discounts, click here.
Where to Eat & Drink
There will be loads of places to grab food and a couple of drinks around the stadium, with the following street-food vans located on Strawberry Place:
- Kingstone Press Bar
- Carling Bar
- Vaulkhard Gin Bar
- Burger Co
- Coffee & Cake
- Sausage Shack
- Angel Coffee
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Streetzzeria – Food Fire Pizza
- Ice Cream
- Hatch 76 (Gourmet Sandwich)
There are many great restaurants in the city centre if you want to grab some food after the action has finished. Check out the advice from our Newcastle blogger on the best places to eat in the city centre.
Newcastle also has a number of great bars and pubs to get a few drinks. Here are a few suggestions of places to get a few drinks around the city centre.